July 15, 2020
COVID-19 PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATIONS:
To our valued members, please note that TELUS technicians are now able to enter units for installations and upgrades, if it is deemed safe to do so.
Before your installation:
TELUS will call and perform a safety assessment to deem if it is safe to enter. The following guidelines must be met in order for a technician to enter your household:
- Physical distancing of at least 2 meters must be supported while technician is working in your home.
- No one else can be in the same room as the technician while they are working in your home.
- The technician will ask you some health screening questions endorsed by the TELUS Medical Advisory Committee in consideration of public health guidance and their obligation to maintain a safe environment for their team and customers.
- If you do not meet the guidelines set by TELUS’ Health and Safety, they will need to reschedule the installation for a later time.
During your installation:
Technicians perform daily health screenings to ensure they are safe to enter your home:
- The technician will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which include a mask, gloves and boot covers.
- The technician will complete as much work as possible outside your home, and then call you to confirm they need to enter the household.
- If deemed safe, they will enter your house to complete the service.*
For more information about TELUS’s installation options, please visit: https://www.telus.com/en/internet/installation-options
*Please note that entering your home will be at the discretion of the technician.